Help for Staying the Course
as a Non-Smoker
Could you use some help for staying the course as a non-smoker?
Well, the first thing you need to do is to check out your attitude. You can learn more about that here.
The next thing you are going to need to iron clad your decision to remain a non-smoker is a personal list of all the reasons why you love being a non-smoker.
It is this list that is going to help sustain you as a non-smoker under all and any conditions; Good times, bad times; Through thick and thin; alone or with somebody. Through it all you are going to be a non-smoker and this list is going to help you do just that.
To do this, look over the reasons of why you hate to smoke and turn them into a list of the powerful benefits you enjoy as a non-smoker (not made your list of reasons yet? Click here for help with that). Let's assume you have so, for example, your second list might start of something like this;
- I love being a non-smoker because I am becoming healthier every day.
- I love being a non-smoker because I am setting a good example for my children, grand-children, students etc.
- I love being a non-smoker because I now feel like I am in control of my life
- I love being a non-smoker because friends and family no longer avoid me
- I love being a non-smoker because.......................... (note your reasons personal reasons here).
Have you developed a power list of personal reasons of why you love being a non-smoker? Good. Now I recommend you get one of those fifty-cent mini-notebooks and write the reasons down in that.
Keep the note book wherever it was that you used to keep your cigarette packet. Now, if you ever were get the urge to reach for a cigarette your hand will fall on the note book. Pull it out and read through the reasons to remind yourself why you love being a non-smoker. Just one more step on the way to remaining a non-smoker.
Discover more about the
10 Step Stop Smoking Program
Return to the
Quit Smoking main page
If not now, when?
If not here, where?