Stop Smoking Health Benefits
The Surgeon General of the United States reports several significant health
benefits for people who quit smoking. These include:
- Within 20 minutes of quitting your heart rate drops,
- 12 hours after quitting your carbon monoxide levels drop back to
- 2 weeks to 3 months from quitting your heart attack risk begins
to drop and your lung function begins to improve,
- 1 to 9 months after quitting your coughing and shortness of
breath begins to decrease,
- 1 year after quitting your risk of coronary heart disease is half
that of a smoker,
- 5 years after quitting your stroke risk is reduced to that of a
non-smokers 5-15 years after quitting,
- 10 years after quitting your cancer death rate is about half that
of a smokers. Your risk of cancers of the mouth, throat, oesophagus,
bladder, kidney and pancreas decreases,
- 15 years after quitting your risk of coronary heart disease is
back to that of a non-smoker's.
Discover more about the
10 Step Stop Smoking Program
Return from Smoking Health Benefits to Quit Smoking main page here
If not now, when?
If not here, where?
Return from Stop Smoking Health Benefits to Montreal Hypnosis Information here
If not now -when?
If not here - where?