For some people, although not all, changes to their diet and eating habits can help ease the symptoms. IBS diet issues that sufferers may need to pay attention to include:
- The amount and type of fibre (soluble versus insoluble) in their diet,
- The amount of water they are drinking,
- The amount of fat in their diet,
- The existence of food additives such as MSG in their diet,
- Gastrointestinal stimulants such as caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol should be avoided or minimize.
Eating less and more frequently of the right kind of foods has also produced benefits for some IBS sufferers.
Each person's set of symptoms and triggers are unique to them. People are therefore encouraged to keep a food journal in order to identify any types of foods that tend to bring on IBS symptoms.
Return from the IBS Diet page to the IBS and Hypnosis Main Page here